I read blogs---lots & lots of blogs----I read my friends---my family's---I read MINE!---and then i read yours---and then your friends---and then your friends' friends---and then....I'm reading a blog of someone i dont know's friend who i REALLY dont know----more than that i am investing my time into their life----and if it was interesting i come back---stalk stalk stalk---bookmark bookmark bookmark....read read read......
so here are the things i do/dont like about blogs----if you see yourself---then i apologize (but it probably WAS directed at you---if you dont see yourself---then you should apologize---because you arent being honest!
1.i dont like music on blogs----it interferes with the voices and music already going on inside my head---and so i have to mute you to be able to concentrate---which means that when i want to watch one of my cute grandsons' videos i have to UNmute---and that requires way to much effort...there is one blog that has music that i like---robin petty's---hmmm---should i use real names? okay---so i like RP's music----its very melancholy and i like that.
2. i dont like private blogs---i UNDERSTAND private blogs---but dont advertise private blogs on your blog list---because i cant see that blog---and i want to----so it prevents me from trolling....thats not right. I am tempted to put in peoples names or cute initials standing for someone's name of blogs who do this---but i wont---because i nice.
3. i like recipe blogs....i like knowing what you made for dinner and how to make it....and how did it turn out? who spit it out? who liked it? how would you have made it different? you inspire me to cook better for my family---or to think about cooking better while tossing Stouffer's lasagna (family joke) into the oven. but dont tell me about what you cooked and NOT INCLUDE THE RECIPE...wait...rats...i do that....oh well...ask me for it in the comments.
3 1/2. if you ate out at a restaurant...tell me what you ordered...take a picture of it (thanks mv---THATS YOU MARCIA!)...oh...errrrrr....rats...anyway....we like to eat out at restaurants...but not to get surprised by yuck....AND, while i'm at it....if you go somewhere weird...nevermind...i'm an olive garden-red lobster-red robin kinda eater (thats for you KATIE OF INGLESIDE!)....dagnabit...get it right merf....sigh.
4.i like pictures...doesnt matter if they are downloaded or off your camera or off your phone....entertain me...but dont judge me if i dont include a picture---i dont have that kind of time....and i dont always remember to download or upload from my phone or my flip...and dont judge me if i put up the same picture you saw on facebook and on my kids' blogs....if its good it should be seen. (insert random picture of northeast mall in hurst, tx here---thats for you olivia!) AND IF its a cute picture of your child crying or tantruming----I TOTALLY WANT TO SEE IT...those are my favorite pictures---thats for you Liz (2nd generation from lyric)..your daughter crying is a doll!
5. PLEASE COMMENT...let me know you were here...yes---this is a blatant cry for attention....thats okay--- now---i wont comment on yours---because it makes me look like a stalker---especially if you are two or more generations (link-step-things) away from someone i know relatively well---because thats just creepy. and i try not to creep. and i always assume you dont know who i am. but you should want to. but thats prideful. and i try not to pride.
6.content is not as important as style---hmmm---there must be a better way to say that---but---its like a documentary----it doesnt matter what you are writing about if you write about it cleverly then i want to read it.
7. use good grammar....obviously i dont mind if you dont capitalize...and use way too many "..." or "---"....but PLEASE---know the difference between than and then, know and now and, my personal favorite, your and youre! this comes from the proud child of teachers and grammatically-strict parents.
8. blog...JASMINE. your cute son has a following...we need more baby ben hall videos.
9. giveaways are fun...but only if i win. the world loves a winner. THANKS OLIVIA!
10. it doesnt count as a post if you write "I dont have time to blog---but i havent died---I'll get around to it"....that doesnt count...thats just teasing...and thats not nice.
11. and on facebook---since there is nowhere to post something like this without appearing petty and i dont want to be cryptic---altho if this makes me appear petty it may get crypticized:
nevermind.....no way to say it without saying it the way I want to and i'm not ready to do that---so you'll have to wait.
12. and TOBECONTINUEDs totally make me come back to your blog! i love countdowns---if you tell me you are pregnant in one post---guaranteed i'm coming back in a few months to see pics of the baby....or to hear how miserable you are at 8 months pregnant....and, while we are on the topic...include belly pictures---from beginning to end....truly---they dont have to be BARE belly pics---but growing belly pics are fun.