This past week I did 4 Annie shows and one Bully show---tomorrow I do 2 Bully shows and 1 Annie show---Tuesday is another bully show----whew......anyway....this is not about the show or the ACCOLADES i receive (and i do)
its about what i have learned about myself and others in life backstage.
1. i HATE false eyelashes. They are heavy. They look cool...and make my eyes look very hollywood----but they wear me out after 3 hours. Hermits dont wear false eyelashes---neither do mooses....but hannigans do.
2. Wigs....Wigs and hats. I wear wigs in all 3 shows....wigs are hot and itchy...and they mat down my hair...fortunately, I wear my hair pretty darn short....but if i go bald---i'm just shavin....not wearing wigs. Hats---same thing....but---they are part of the costume.
3. costumes....LOVE COSTUMES.... they free me to be the character i want to be....put me in a costume and i am no longer meredith stinkin jeppson...i am a hermit with a limp and an english accent or a love-deprived frustrated orphanage manager with a new jersey accent or a beatle...yes....a beatle.
4. Auditions SCARE me to death. I dont audition well. If I sign up for an audition---please just give me the part---i dont audition for parts i dont think i can do---so trust me---my audition is uncostumed---and i wont be as good---really---i can do the part....i dont think so high of myself that i would audition for a role i cant do....just give me the part and we'll both be happy....i wont let you down.
5. I like small parts---dont want a whole show that relies on me ----no, thank you....i like parts where i am memorable...and then off-stage...let me steal a scene or two...thank you.
6. I'm not a dancer. sorry. i'll do my best....but it dont get any better than that.
7. I'm a pacer. I get to the theater really early. I get my costume and makeup on. and then i pace...i go thru my lines...i chat with and smile at my fellow actors---but i internalize and think and pace...I am nervous....the good nervous that gets the adrenalin pumping.
8. I love the performing. I love the rehearsing. I love the comeraderie. I love the whole process (except the auditions)...i love a director who helps me be better and gives me ideas and encourages me to push myself.
9. i would prefer not to do curtain call. really. I become meredith again and she didnt do the show---she doesnt deserve the accolades....it embarrasses her....but thanks.
10. dont talk backstage. DONT TALK BACKSTAGE....learn sign language...but DONT TALK BACKSTAGE....really...dont...please....sssssssh.
11. please dont tell me that i'm perfect for a part.....i'm not a hunched back hermit or a man-hungry mean woman.....i am just a person who can channel those traits to portray them....i'm not offended...it just makes me question myself....and i do that without any help....and really---i'm not offended.
12. my knees are killing me...i carry icy/hot in my purse.
13. i love singing on stage---as the character---dancing moose---mwah----i get to sing beatles, elvis, country, gladys knight----never as meredith---hermit---i get to sing with a dragon!----Annie---well---you know the show. i dont think i'd enjoy doing a non-musical---i might have to be meredith.
13. this is the best time in my life for me---my self-esteem---to have an outlet for the performer meredith....she is very happy.
14. i've been blessed with external talents---I get a lot of applause---my talents are easily seen---which makes me appreciate those with internal talents---gifts of the Spirit---the quiet talents----I'm in awe of people with quiet gifts.....those people are getting Heavenly applause....i just wanna sing in the choir...yeah---the big choir.
when you are accosted as you try to enter your front door...it is time to move.
when marauders feel free to wait for you on your doorstep...it is time to move.
i've always felt safe in our area... and i like to think that i'm aware of what is going on around me and taking appropriate precautions for safety... we live in a fairly low-crime area...so even at night, i've never felt fearful... until tonight.... i may never be the same... it may be time to move.
tonight i came home...about 645....the front light was on...there was no one home.... i had my keys out---ready to enter my home... the dogs happily barking from the kitchen area in the back of the house... and then...
THERE HE WAS ....i stopped in my tracks....my breathing began to grow faster... i let out a gasp...
i couldnt get to the door.... i didnt know what to do....i stared at him---in his olive green--- i wanted to be able to identify him--- i picked up a stick and threw it.... he moved closer to my door.... i looked around for something bigger to throw...i yelled at him.... he mocked me with his silence... i found my LD Bell band booster sign----grabbed it....threw it at him---he jumped back...i picked up a brick---surely this would do the trick...i blocked his path and, in one swift movement, unlocked and opened the door ---madly dashing inside and closing it---locking it tightly----my breathing finally calmed down.
then i think i will just post them on facebook everyday.
1. I am thankful to be a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me....who knows me....and who loves me even tho he knows me.
2. I am thankful for a good husband who does his darnedest (sp?) to keep me happy....and thats not easy, folks!
3. I am thankful for good children...who are turning into good adults and good parents...and continue to be good children.
4. I am thankful for parents who raised me right.... expected the best i could do and encouraged me to reach for the best i could get.
5. I am thankful for brothers and sisters (are you seeing a pattern?) who continue to be good friends.
6. I am thankful for dogs...cuddled up next to me to keep my feet warm.
7. I am thankful for nieces and nephews who entertain me with their stories, who let me stalk and advise and live vicariously thru them.
8. I am thankful for my little boys.... and miss beth.
knew i clinched it when i was 'acting' by taking a water bottle and pretending to be tipsy---well---i spilled real water on their floor....so....as any drunk would....i knelt down---wiped the water with my hand---and licked my hand.
it has been a grand time in rehearsal---i'm all about enjoying the process.... the cast is friendly and courteous to each other (very important) and sharing in good ideas.....my double gets great ideas and allows me to incorporate them into my portrayal!
i always wanted to be Carol Burnett----so i channel her for the show.
|i decided it was time to practice my grandma-cookie-making-skills...so i got out my 100 cookie cutters....deciding to make it easier on myself and use the pumpkin.....its a circle with a stem|
|I have studied many, many "BEST EVER SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE"-----so i went the easy way and used pillsbury...let me know if you have a no-fail sugar cookie recipe.|
3rd batch----voila! stems!....well...on some of them....but there was a modicum of success!
theres a girl in town.
this will not change my love for you.....love expands to include all....i will think everything you will do is WONDERFUL AND AMAZING AND TOTALLY AWESOME.... i will still think Cannon says Chicken Nuggets and helicopter AMAZINGLY well...and Ben---you will also make me laugh with your infectious laugh
theres a girl in town....
i'll still find you cute polo shirts...and jeans...and khakis...and tshirts---and I'll one for each of you (whom i kidding? i'll buy multiples for each of you).... i'll keep the good stuff in purse and bite the m & m in half for you....and i'll clean your face...
theres a girl in town
or there will be.....March 1, 2011...mark the date on your calendar....cause grandma will be spending more time in the baby doll section and pawing thru pink tutus and black Mary Janes and making bows to match every outfit...
I love you...each of your cute individualistics (i know that isnt the proper use of the word---the boys are under 23 months---they arent really reading this anyway)...i love that you are ALL going thru the terrible twos...(even you, Jonas---you are very advanced for your age)....I love skyping with you and singing "eensy weensy spider" and "peek-a-boo" and "the wheels on the bus"
theres a girl in town.
i pilfered this from my niece, Olivia's blog---- couldnt pass up the opportunity to have a marching band express how i need to feel SO very often.....this is delicious.
OH MY STINKIN GOSH---THESE ARE THE SAME GUYS THAT DID THE TREADMILL SONG?!! check out Gnome Sweet Gnome's blog on my list to the right---she has this and another version of this which is an engineering MARVEL!
I like to change my purses, my furniture, my weight (as you will see in the pictures) my hair color,....and yes...my hair do
lets travel back and peruse...in no specific order (because i'm just not THAT good at puttin in pictures)....merf's do's thru the ages
early married life---my version of a 'bob (dave, me , sister Pyper, brother Matt--1981)
and....ps btw---i LOVED my red kitchen
I have seen "Hoarders"....and i dont want to be THAT woman.
Thank you for contacting our store. We value you as a customer.
GROW UP....no one held that 6 pack of Orange Crush ($3.99) to your head. You had a list....you didnt need much. You could have walked to the back of the store and picked up your Skim Milk ($1.49---kudos to dave and ace btw---way to be health-conscious!) and gone thru our many self-check-out stands and been on your way! You didnt need to walk thru the Frozen Pizza (bogo/$3.99--identical item only) aisle and its way too hot to have Blue Bell Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches (bogo/$4.79--identical item only) in your car. There are only 3 of you at home now....will you be able to finish those 2 bags of Lettuce Trio ($2.79/bogo---identical item only) before they go bad? And, while we are on the subject, you no longer have grandkids in the house....why are you still buying animal crackers ($1.00 per individual box---you know--the cute boxes with the animals in cages like on a circus train)? Yes, I understand that you want to be THAT grandma---so you are welcome for Pillsbury cookie dough on sale (3/$4.00)---but who are you thinking is going to eat those cookies?
We love you and again, value as a customer---you keep us in business--impulse and emotional shoppers are our life-blood--and we appreciate all you do for us..the not making menus, the changing your mind about dinner at the last minute, the 'i found the recipe for Rachael Ray's devilled eggs and need bacon" moments...we will always have a grocery cart ready for you...but PLEASE! dont hold us accountable for your lack of self-control and....you know your mom taught you better than this.... dont come shopping when you are hungry.
see you soon,
ps....try to dress up a little more when you come into the store---we have a rep to maintain.
this picture is REALLY that day---not at target---but those are my slippers. ....i USED to be THAT woman in the high heels---matching every outfit.....and now i go to Target...in my slippers...sigh....so....I realized......
I HAVE BECOME THAT WOMAN---
so i started to notice other things....other women i have become--or have always been----some i totally accept about myself---and kinda like----others i always think i will change---but probably wont. I want to have a clean refrigerator----I dont have elementary kids or primary kids drawing pictures anymore---so i shouldnt have a messy refrigerator....
I want to have UNclutter----if you look close you will see the stuff i pulled off the couch to orchestrate this picture---dont judge me----i will someday be that woman---i get closer and closer every year.
I am the woman with piles...and i know exactly what is in every pile...and there is a reason for every pile....and the pile will disappear...eventually....and the pile will disappear if you call ahead...please call ahead....or dont---it would be a good learning experience for me.
i like sweets (does that come as a big surprise? have you read my blog? I STINKIN REVIEWED HERSHEY KISSES!) anyway...sorry...i do.....i have always----always will---i am the woman with the sugar in her purse....want some?
I want to be the woman who MAKES the sweets---and i do---but not much and not cookies---I hate standing over the oven every 8 minutes.....BUT I AM THE WOMAN with sugar in my purse.....and i always share......and i have a bucket of 100 cookie cutters---because I WILL be THAT grandma---that has cookies.
I have always wanted to be athletic---i love sports--- i want to walk, play volleyball and tennis----had i been an athletic teen---i think i would have continued---but i didnt---and so i dont---but i still want to---lots. i have always loved babies---everyone's babies---i borrowed babies---i got babies-----now my babies are having babies.....there is not an age I dont love ---well....except 6....and 13....but, other than those---i love babies.....of all ages....i am THAT woman....
holding the baby...
feeding it M & M's....
wearing my slippers.