this is me now

10.05.2010

the hairdo's of my life

I like change

I like to change my purses, my furniture, my weight (as you will see in the pictures) my hair color,....and yes...my hair do

lets travel back and peruse...in no specific order (because i'm just not THAT good at puttin in pictures)....merf's do's thru the ages
me at about 13-14---straight but now PARTED ON THE SIDE---woo hoot! showin off my widow's peak

early married life---my version of a 'bob (dave, me , sister Pyper, brother Matt--1981)

still what my hair does best---flat, straight

permed the HECK out of my hair in the 80's (me and jasmine may 1988)

THIS IS THE WINNER FOLKS! my favorite length---and color (dave, me, girls 1990)

well...except i really liked my military 'do----but dave didnt (what a mess, merf)
never works---trying to look 40 when you are 30 (christmas 1990)

curl!? really! i had to sleep on pink foamy curlers all night to maintain that bit of curl!

nothin' cuter than a little girl in french braids...could i get away with this now?

what was i thinking? slicked back elvis? who let me go out the door like this?

1984---bit of a mullett

one of my favorites---would do this if it wasnt so hard to keep looking decent

(btw---anyone else remember the 'panty-hose potato sack' decorations we used to make?)
and....ps btw---i LOVED my red kitchen

yep---still permin---just made my hair look thinner...but i ROCKED the red glasses
about to deliver jasmine---couldnt perm it---so i just let it go...i look darn good for 9 months pg

THE PERFECT HAIR CUT FOR MY HAIR---parted in the middle, long, straight

permed----asymmetrical---yeah---glad those years are gone

tryin to look like Farrah Fawcett 1979.....didnt work.

father's day 1984---permed and short---not too bad---could use some color tho...looks like i havent slept much---new baby and all.

had to be a little more straight up since i was now a mother---smoother of a perm

yeah---early 90's...mother of 6----big shoulder pads and permed hair---i do love my florals and big earrings

still trying to look like i'm 8----not good at 40

interesting that i have NO pictures of my funny hair colors----hmmm---maybe david didnt want any history of that for our grandchildren to see....and what is to come? here it is---my future hairdo---truly----THE PIXIE! see what im gonna do with the old hair when more 'white highlights' (cough cough) come in.

note to self.....you dont have to make all the pictures big---sometimes less is more....i'm just sayin.

9 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Have always loved your hair!

Princess Mommy said...

Ive always loved the short hair, long hair, and purple hair! :) The red glasses though? Not so much. You did look darn good for 9 months pregnant though! :) Thats what happens when youre pregnant with me! ;)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm lovin' the flashback photos!

Sharon said...

I can see that someone else besides me has been going through old photos this week. Loved the post. Hope that you bring lots of them to the reunion.

Ashley said...

I'm glad you've been going through your old photos! I plan to do the silver pixie cut when I go gray - I think my mom pulls it off really well. I think the permed hair was hilarious!

Michelle said...

You'd look cute in a pixie cut! I loved all the pictures, but how did pictures of Jasmine end up in the middle of all that? :)

natalie said...

@Michelle--ha!ha! I had the same thought about the "Jasmine" pictures.

@Meredith--some are very cute and some are very scary!! You in the pigtail braids is adorable!! :)

Rondi said...

Oh how I remember those red glasses. You sat next to me in the Dallas Temple and I didn't even know who you were. You are definitely the woman with many colors of hair!

Jackie said...

I love the changes of your hair/color - very much a part of what makes you you! Speaking of hair - I've never seen my dad with that much hair! What a looker! :)