I hate the mall. Really....hate it. But I went to the mall today...to find pink hair dye....I've tried Sally's Beauty Supply....I've tried a couple of different kinds.....never the right one.....I ask strangers where they get their hair color----but its usually permanent ( and I dont do permanent)... but I went to the mall in search of cotton candy. I walked into Hot Topic---pretty sure I dont fit their demographic....but i walked up to the multi-pierced little girl at the cash register and asked her about hair color...she jumped at the chance...they have temporary (wash-in/wash-out) color---but i cant be bothered with coloring it everyday....they have permanent....nope----she suggested i try spencers ----gulp---not a store i'm comfortable strolling around---but this post really isnt about hair color...its about me hating malls.
- malls dont have grocery carts.
- malls dont have drive-up anything.
- really? is our mall so hoop-te-doo that we need old security guards strolling around on segues....i love paul blart and all....but really?
- is there anything sadder than people trying to put lotion on my hands from a kiosk---not even a real store! if i needed lotion---wouldnt i be going into Bath & Bodyworks right there across from your kiosk?
- Maybee New York? hmmm---does anyone in Hurst, Texas really think they are possibly---even maybe--- in New York? well---unless you've seen the clothes in the window of that store---those mannequins belong on a corner in a not-so-well-lit neighborhood of downtown new york city---if you get my drift----( oh my gosh---i sound like my mother!)
- Coach----not one piece of sports equipment. whats up with that.
- walking thru a mall at christmas-time sucks the very spirit of the season out of me---seeing people trudge around toting huge bags of overpriced fruu-fruu----really---you can get that same pink boa at dollar-tree for your 3 yr old!
the only good reason to go to the mall---and i use the word good loosely---is the food court---i always park near it--so I have to walk thru it to enter and to leave! WHY?
BECAUSE OF THOSE DELECTABLE BITE-SIZE SAMPLES OF CHINESE FOOD!
- I am grateful for a Savior who knows me and knows what I need...not necessarily giving me what I want....imagine....i'm still figuring this out.
- I am grateful for parents who raised me right.
- I am grateful for a husband who says "yes---your hair will look great pink"...and then walks away before adding "but...."....cause i know he is thinkin it.
- I am grateful for a teenage son who likes to talk to me and gets my jokes....and gets it when i'm NOT joking.
- I am grateful for daughters who share their wows and woes....who let me laugh and cry with them....
- i am grateful for cute sons-in-laws who are still a bit afraid....hmmm....maybe intimidated is a better word....of/by me....they'll soon figure out I'm a lot of hot air.
- I'm grateful for sisters who call to belly-ache about their lives---and share their adventures....what a joy to like your sisters as friends. btw...i like my brothers too---but, its not the same......hugs to marc, ace & matt!
- i'm grateful for extended family----hmmmm---dont like that wording---i'm grateful for family's families....the sibs of my hub....the kids of my sibs....the kids of my sibs' kids....my facebook/blog/farmtown friends.
- my cup runneth over with family.
a dual crock pot----yes, folks---not just one crock pot---but two---with individual controls---whoever thought of this should be sainted! i am planning the meals right now that i will cook using TWO crock pots in one (alright---i already have 4 crock pots---but each has a special use)---
and mine just arrived in the mail!
Merry Christmas to all---and to all----good stew.