I hate the mall. Really....hate it. But I went to the mall today...to find pink hair dye....I've tried Sally's Beauty Supply....I've tried a couple of different kinds.....never the right one.....I ask strangers where they get their hair color----but its usually permanent ( and I dont do permanent)... but I went to the mall in search of cotton candy. I walked into Hot Topic---pretty sure I dont fit their demographic....but i walked up to the multi-pierced little girl at the cash register and asked her about hair color...she jumped at the chance...they have temporary (wash-in/wash-out) color---but i cant be bothered with coloring it everyday....they have permanent....nope----she suggested i try spencers ----gulp---not a store i'm comfortable strolling around---but this post really isnt about hair color...its about me hating malls.
why i hate malls
- malls dont have grocery carts.
- malls dont have drive-up anything.
- really? is our mall so hoop-te-doo that we need old security guards strolling around on segues....i love paul blart and all....but really?
- is there anything sadder than people trying to put lotion on my hands from a kiosk---not even a real store! if i needed lotion---wouldnt i be going into Bath & Bodyworks right there across from your kiosk?
- Maybee New York? hmmm---does anyone in Hurst, Texas really think they are possibly---even maybe--- in New York? well---unless you've seen the clothes in the window of that store---those mannequins belong on a corner in a not-so-well-lit neighborhood of downtown new york city---if you get my drift----( oh my gosh---i sound like my mother!)
- Coach----not one piece of sports equipment. whats up with that.
- walking thru a mall at christmas-time sucks the very spirit of the season out of me---seeing people trudge around toting huge bags of overpriced fruu-fruu----really---you can get that same pink boa at dollar-tree for your 3 yr old!
the only good reason to go to the mall---and i use the word good loosely---is the food court---i always park near it--so I have to walk thru it to enter and to leave! WHY?
BECAUSE OF THOSE DELECTABLE BITE-SIZE SAMPLES OF CHINESE FOOD!