so, you think i would remember everything about those first few days---first week of newbornness.....um....no.
now---i only DELIVERED one baby myself---leah and lyric were both 8 days old---practically potty-trained when they arrived in our family---ace was 3 months, sam was 14 months and molly was 20 months...so i did miss out on most of their 'first few days' events.....
anyway....these are the things i am always surprised at---and shouldnt be....
- newborn babies sleep---all the time---so the new mother thinks "wow---this isnt so bad"---yeah---just wait---the newborns wake up.
- newborns are puffy
- it is entertaining to just sit and hold a newborn and watch her/him breathe....how often can we say that in our life? (NEVER)
- nursing hurts...to begin with.
- bodily fluids....everywhere
- muconium diapers----ew
- nothin cuter than miniature clothes....well---newborn diapers are cuter...okay---nothin cuter than newborn diapers...BEFORE they are used (see above)
- you get NOTHING done...it takes two to diaper, bathe, dress.....