5 girls and 10 boys......21 months to 3 years.
i guess having all 4 grandboys around was a good preparation for my new calling---nursery leader!
I am so STINKIN excited.
the perks of being in the nursery
- I get to take off my shoes
- I get to sit on the floor
- I get to play trucks
- I get to eat goldfish
- I get hugs from babies whenever i want
- I get to cuddle sad babies
- I get to hear babies say their first words-and to hear 3 yr olds TALK SO STINKIN WELL!
- I get to see parents find creative ways to sneak out
- I get to see parents sneak IN
- singing time----my favorite---our primary chorister does a terrific job
- I get to hear baby prayers
- I get to wear long flouncy skirts---my favorite!
- I dont have to do this at home
the downers of nursery
- knowing SOMEONE has a dirty diaper---and having to go from child to child to find out who
- a year from now i wont know anyone in the ward except the parents of my babies
- i'm not that big of fan of goldfish...we'll have to vary our menu
- no dry-clean only clothes
- realizing that while i am old enough to be these babies grandmama----it means i'm also STINKIN old enough to be their parents' mama!
- i dont get to do this at home