this is me now

9.08.2011

my favorite genre

my favorite genre---despair....heart-wrenching songs of loss--i wallow in the sadness---listen to one song over and over and over and....you get the idea....here are some of my favorites

 HOW COULD I FORGET BRANDI CARLISLE'S THE STORY---thanks lyric!
love her hair--love the video--love the emotion
dont you want me baby--such a clear cry for attention!  love the story---they were obviously on different pages....and who doesnt like a bunch of  overly-dramatic skinny Brits from the 80's?!!!
and the creepiest of all---but one that still puts in me a nosedive---and i HAVE to sing along with it

dear merf,
thanks for posting these songs---
now, when i want to wallow,
 i dont have to search for them---
they are right here! that made it so easy!
   love, merf

4 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm totally with you on this one...despair is my favorite genre for sure.

Lyric said...

I just KNEW you would be all over that Adele song. It's like--when I heard it the first time, I thought to myself, "that's a meredith kind of a song."

Also, what's the deal? Brandi C. didn't make the cut?

Michelle said...

Eric has never understood my need to listen to sad songs when I'm sad. It's very theraputic for me. I remember when I was in 8th grade, listening to Whitney Houston's "All at Once" while sitting in my room crying because I had made up my mind to break up with a guy. It just hit the spot. Now, I listen to songs that remind me of my mom and I cry because I miss her, but it makes me feel better for being her daughter.

David Jeppson said...

It was quiet and I miss you so I read your blogs. I knew I shouldn't have listened to your favorite genre. It's rainy and thundering outside and too quiet inside. Talk about your mood booster! Love you. See you soon!