this is me now

11.22.2009

okay---havent perfected the whole Julia/Merf thing yet...

making banana bread this morning...tripled the recipe...thinkin'
" hmmm"...i say to myself...
"self, maybe a handful of chocolate chips tossed in would make it that much yummier!"
i begin filling muffin cups (okay---so its banana muffins...not bread....thats not the point)
i finish with the muffin cups and a drop of the batter gets on my finger....
"hmmm"...i say to myself
"self, probably shouldnt lick that finger....raw eggs and all"
never being one to listen to myself...i totally lick my finger.
AND BEGIN GAGGING! OH MY GOODNESS!
it was salt...not sugar...in that clear tub in my cupboard.
3 STINKIN CUPS OF SALT!
i grab for my ice water ( i always cook with a glass of ice water near me----hmmm....not sure why...have to think about that)

into the trash goes 9 eggs, 9 cups of flour, 10 bananas, 3 cups of salt, 2+ c of butter...sad day...will start over tomorrow.

and may i say---its not the first time i've 'substituted'----later date, i'll tell you about my cornstarch/baking soda gravy disaster!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh no! I'll bet that you were sick about that. I find myself doing more and more things like that lately. I'm constantly checking everything that I do, trying to avoid life's little disasters. Hope that it goes better tomorrow.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Oh man! Well, at least you hadn't put in the chocolate chips yet. ;)

Christie said...

Ashley did that once and we served it to company before realizing. Oh course she had youth as her excuse...

Katie said...

I had a curry disaster once with baking soda instead of cornstarch! Always so so sad.

Michelle said...

Aren't you glad you didn't listen to yourself and tasted that batter anyway? I'm always so bummed when I "substitute" ingrediants.