this is me now

4.08.2008

Conference weekend

...was lovely---we stayed home and lounged and watched conference---thanks to the technology of satellite! Got to see our new prophet, Thomas S Monson, in his first time as prophet and president of the church. What a wonderful man---so endearing---you could feel his spirit as he spoke. I loved listening to President Eyring---he is always my favorite. I love that he allows himself to get emotional as he speaks. Enjoyed President Uchtdorf .....doing so much of the conducting---gave us a good chance to get familiar with him....truly is an international church. Loved that we heard so much of personal-family type stories---Ace & Dave loved when President Monson wiggled his ears on camera!
I served a small-ish super bowl type meal during the sessions ---I use any excuse as a way to fix finger-food---my favorite to serve!

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

I agree it was a good conference. I especially liked M Russell Ballards talk