"hmmm? what?" you say! its June! school is out....right?
yes....but tis the season....and my heart smiles.
10 years ago I dropped Leah off at school.....twas the first season.
ace started MARCHING STINKING BAND (that stinking is meant in a totally awesome and amazing FREAKIN good way)....3 days this week...then for real come August.
once again, I have a reason to sit at the football stadium at 7 a.m. and watch 300 kids march back and forth...to spend every weekend getting a sunburn watching 20-30 bands....no more "Meredith! you dont even have a kid marching!"...no more....now...once again.... I HAVE A KID MARCHING!
marching season means:
- sitting with friends watching the band...talking about band...volunteering for the band.
- sno-cones during hot rehearsals
- football games every friday night
- tailgate parties before the game
- 5 hr drives to austin and houston for competitions
- $30 tickets for competitions...and worth every penny
- dry-cleaning uniform every stinking (meant in a horribly tedious way) week
- not breathing for 8 minutes every competition while I watch my son march
- waiting in the van late at night for the band to get back from away games and competitions (and may i boast....we are in the same van we had when leah started band! yay for the big maroon van 10 years old!)
- counting the times i have to here "Simple Pleasures"....its old before they play it!
marching season makes me happy